Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas.....

I know this is a little late... But wanted to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas... This year was a fun and exciting year for us... We spent it at home this year by ourselfs but had a whole lot of fun... Was tired of the same ol same ol so we decided to do a few things different with food... So instead of the traditional cranberry salad I make I made a fruit salad my mom used to always make and a frog eyed salad... They were both a really big hit... Have already been told have to make more frog eyed salad so Im in the mode of doing that... lol.....

Christmas eve we went to a wonderful Christmas Eve Candle Light service... I really enjoyed that.. I am really enjoying our Church as we are new members of the Church and love it... This Church has given me so much Spirtually... We also went and saw the Georgetown Santas after the Church Service.. We had never been and it was really neat... Im sure it will be a tradition of ours that we will treasure for a life time...

Christmas Morning was different and interesting... Christiana got up at 215 and asked if she could get into her stocking... I was like ummmm no go back to bed its way to early.... Of Course we just got to bed at Midnight so I knew 2 ours of sleep wouldnt of been enough...
So it was 9:30 when they started dragging out of bed to open stockings... I was wowed as the kids are usually up at 5am lol..... SO I got to sleep in... I even took my shower, got totally dressed makeup and all and had a cup of coffee and of course started the turkey before they were ready to open gifts....

I got soo much accomplished yesterday and it was a lot of fun... but I am glad it is over... I love Christmas it is my favorite holiday.. To be able to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ our Lord and savior.. What a special time and something to treasure...

Jonathan asked me some questions this year that was wow where did that come from type things... He was asking why we have Christmas Trees and on those trees we have a star or an angel... He thinks it should have Jesus on it instead as this is the time we celebrate Jesus Birth... I told him I think he had some very valid questions and I think that we need to put this on our list of studies... So I guess we will be doing some major descussions and research soon...

I think we will start back to school the Monday after News Year.. I am ready to start back up... I think the kids are too yeah the break has been nice but we are missing school...


Well I hope you all had a great Christmas and Im sure Ill be back soon....

No comments: