Tuesday, December 16, 2008

K12

Well we did it.... We pulled the kids from the K12 program... It wasnt the k12 program itself.. It was more having the the Virtual School issues... It was horible... I hated it the kids hated it... They were wanting my kids to be tested by complete strangers.. My kids dont talk to me on a phone but they got mad when they wouldnt talk to them on the phone... Then they wanted me to take them an hour 1 way to be tested face to face by a complete stranger.... Wasnt going to do it with gas prices where they were.. The principle then decided to threaten me by telling me if I didnt force my kids to do this testing then he was going to suspend them... hmmmmmm that didnt go over to well with me... So I pulled them out... Something else that happened Im not happy about was my baby 13 months old at that time.. Was tested for lead for a routine checkup... Came back with lead in his system... hmmm something the School didnt bother to ever tell me but I finally got an email from k12 3 weeks down the road... 1 of the magnents they sent to the 2nd grade students has a high amt of lead in it... hmmm I have a 2nd grader... Well I guess we know where the lead came from....

So we are back to doing school OUR WAY!!!! and actually having fun with school doing fun things and actually learning... My kis arent being stressed over tests and not learning a thing... They are back to normal and learning and having fun learning again...

No comments: